Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*closed for holidays
The 2023 Village of Camillus tax bills have been mailed and can be paid in person during our normal business hours with cash or check. If you wish to pay with a credit card, you may do so online for a small fee at http://www.ongov.net/rpts/propertyTaxInfo.html
The Village of Camillus would like to welcome Cody and Dylan to the DPW team.
The spring Villagewide Sale will be held Saturday, May 20, 2023 - all are welcome to participate.
Help us help animals in need by dropping off your empty .05 returnable bottles and cans at the Village Hall. All redemption money is used to purchase food and supplies which are then donated to local shelters in need. We also accept towels, blankets, pet carriers, and unopened pet food.
The Village of Camillus and Highway Department will be closed (except for emergency plowing and sewers) on Monday, February 20, 2023.
If possible, please call the Village at 315-672-3484, to schedule larger items that need to be picked up on Fridays as we are currently working around winter weather.
- Refuse (trash) and recyclables shall be separated and placed within three feet of the street curb not earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the day before scheduled pick up and the empty container shall be retrieved by the resident on day of pick up.
- All garbage and rubbish must be placed in secure and tied plastic bags of a capacity not to exceed 15 pounds, and then placed in a durable, sanitary plastic container with a lid (trash can) manufactured for such purposes.
- No trash container shall exceed 55 pounds when filled unless the resident uses a "Tipper" type container** than may be lifter by an arm of the village trash truck.
- Plastic bags not placed in a trash can will not be picked up or disposed by the Village.
- All recyclables shall be placed loose in a clean and sanitary container separately used for that purpose.
- Refuse shall be placed out for collection each week as the Village will not pick up an inordinate amount of refuse.
- The Village does not pick up or dispose of construction and demolition debris left by contractors. Homeowners can rent the dump truck for disposal of construction debris created by the homeowner. Please call the Village office for details.
- Call the Village office regarding removal of upholstered furniture
- The Village will remove mattresses at $20.00 per mattress and only when prepaid at the Village office.
- OCRRA no longer accepts batteries. Please go to ocrra.org for information regarding recycling batteries.
- All loose plant clippings, leaves and small sticks must be placed in a compostable bag or a container that does not exceed 55 pounds. The Village will pick up large amount of brush; however, if requested, the Village will leave the dump truck, at no cost, to be filled with brush by the homeowner.
* For further detail, see Article 61 of the Code of the Village of Camillus.
**Defined as a two-wheeled trash can with an attached lid and a steel bar in front to which the garbage truck can attach and lift.
February 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
March 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
March 20, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
The Camillus Volunteer Fire Department is always looking to add a few more amazing members! Stop by the Station at 5801 Newport Rd and ask for Ashley or stop by the Village Hall at 37 Main Street for an application. Training is provided, opportunity to become Firefighter 1 trained, opportunity to become EMT Basic certified, Scholarships are offered, you get use of banquet hall facilities, tax credit, best of all - the chance of a lifetime, and the opportunity to serve your community.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING AND
VILLAGE OF CAMILLUS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Board of Trustees of the Village of Camillus, Onondaga County, New York, will conduct a Special Meeting at the Village Hall, 37 Main Street, Camillus, Friday, January 20, 2023 at 4:00 P.M.at which time all interested parties will be heard.
January 17, 2023
RICHARD A. WATERMAN, MAYOR
Village of Camillus
December 24, 2022 - The Village office and DPW will be closed.
December 31, 2022 - The Village office and DPW will be closed.
January 17, 2023 - The Village office and DPW will be closed.