Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*closed for holidays
The spring Villagewide Sale will be held Saturday, May 20, 2023 - all are welcome to participate.
Camillus Memorial Day Parade is May 29, 2023 - visit camillusparade.org for participation and donation forms.
Help us help animals in need by dropping off your empty .05 returnable bottles and cans at the Village Hall. All redemption money is used to purchase food and supplies which are then donated to local shelters in need. We also accept towels, blankets, pet carriers, and unopened pet food.
"Snow Parking" schedule is in effect - please ensure you are removing your cars from the street at the correct times for your area to assist the DPW in keeping the roads clear of ice and snow. If you are unsure of your snow parking schedule, you can call the Village or refer to the Codes of the Village Chapter 105, Section 105:3 (under Village Laws tab above).
If possible, please call the Village at 315-672-3484, to schedule larger items that need to be picked up on Fridays as we are currently working around winter weather.
- Refuse (trash) and recyclables shall be separated and placed within three feet of the street curb not earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the day before scheduled pick up and the empty container shall be retrieved by the resident on day of pick up.
- All garbage and rubbish must be placed in secure and tied plastic bags of a capacity not to exceed 15 pounds, and then placed in a durable, sanitary plastic container with a lid (trash can) manufactured for such purposes.
- No trash container shall exceed 55 pounds when filled unless the resident uses a "Tipper" type container** than may be lifter by an arm of the village trash truck.
- Plastic bags not placed in a trash can will not be picked up or disposed by the Village.
- All recyclables shall be placed loose in a clean and sanitary container separately used for that purpose.
- Refuse shall be placed out for collection each week as the Village will not pick up an inordinate amount of refuse.
- The Village does not pick up or dispose of construction and demolition debris left by contractors. Homeowners can rent the dump truck for disposal of construction debris created by the homeowner. Please call the Village office for details.
- Call the Village office regarding removal of upholstered furniture
- The Village will remove mattresses at $20.00 per mattress and only when prepaid at the Village office.
- OCRRA no longer accepts batteries. Please go to ocrra.org for information regarding recycling batteries.
- All loose plant clippings, leaves and small sticks must be placed in a compostable bag or a container that does not exceed 55 pounds. The Village will pick up large amount of brush; however, if requested, the Village will leave the dump truck, at no cost, to be filled with brush by the homeowner.
* For further detail, see Article 61 of the Code of the Village of Camillus.
**Defined as a two-wheeled trash can with an attached lid and a steel bar in front to which the garbage truck can attach and lift.
April 3, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
April 17, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
May 1, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
May 15, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting
The Camillus Volunteer Fire Department is always looking to add a few more amazing members! Stop by the Station at 5801 Newport Rd or stop by the Village Hall at 37 Main Street for an application. Training is provided, opportunity to become Firefighter 1 trained, opportunity to become EMT Basic certified, Scholarships are offered, you get use of banquet hall facilities, tax credit, best of all - the chance of a lifetime, and the opportunity to serve your community.
VILLAGE OF CAMILLUS
2023 CONSOLIDATED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Trustees of the Village of Camillus,
Onondaga County, New York, will conduct a Public Hearing on April 3, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. to
consider the Village of Camillus 2023 Community Development funding request, pursuant
to the Village of Camillus Five-Year Plan.
The Village's Community Development Grant request for the Five-Year Plan (2023-2027)
will be discussed, outlining the Village's intent for five years of funding requests. A list of
the potential projects that may be included in the Five-Year Plan is available for review at
the Office of the Village Clerk during regular office hours. Comments will be received from
the public to aid the Village in prioritizing the listed projects. Solicitation of suggestions for
additional eligible projects to be included on the Village's Five-Year Plan will also be heard.
March 20, 2023
VILLAGE OF CAMILLUS BOARD OF TRUSTEES
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Trustees of the Village of Camillus,
Onondaga County, New York will conduct a Public Hearing to consider amending
Chapter 100, Article I of the Code of the Village of Camillus regarding Senior Citizen Tax
Exemptions to increase the existing Income Limits for Senior in Accordance with recent
changes to Section 467 of the New York State Real Property Tax Law.
This Public Hearing will be held at the Village Hall, 37 Main Street, in the Village of
Camillus, on Monday, April 3, 2023 at 6:00 p.m., at which time all interested parties will
The above proposed local law is open to inspection at the Office of the Village Clerk and
communications in writing in relation thereto may be filed with the Board of Trustees
either before or at the Hearing.
March 20, 2023
RICHARD A. WATERMAN, Mayor
Village of Camillus
December 24, 2022 - The Village office and DPW will be closed.
December 31, 2022 - The Village office and DPW will be closed.
January 17, 2023 - The Village office and DPW will be closed.
Send us a message with any questions or concerns, and we'll get back to you with answers as soon as we can. firstname.lastname@example.org
37 Main St Camillus, NY 13031
TEL: (315) 672-3484 FAX: (315 ) 672-5323
Copyright © 2019-2021 Village of Camillus (315) 672-3484- All Rights Reserved. Created by Smart Website Studio